Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Settling at home







Been a rough last few days transitioning to a new size family.  Lots of learning going on: how to be a big brother, how to be a little sister, how to manage two jealous and possessive kids, how to manage two kids, how to like a daddy...

Seems like we've now mostly transitioned to our 13 hour time difference, thank goodness.  Last night I got some sleep!  Greg was able to take the night shift with little concern from Audrey. 

Timmy has had a tough time learning to like a new sister.  He's said, "She doesn't belong here!".  Lots of tears and outbursts of frustration.  With some time and attention he's slowly getting used to sharing his mom and dad.

Yesterday went to see the train exhibit at the US Botanical Gardens, an amazing exhibit if your children like trains.  Timmy was transfixed, Audrey not so much.  She did like the people-watching and listening to Christmas music.

Every day life gets a little more normal and a little less dramatic.  Looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with my two beautiful kiddos.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos Jill. I am glad to hear that Tim is starting to adjust! I cannot stop looking at photos of Audrey, she certainly is beautiful. You have two wonderful children! Love to you all, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill: I was going to send you an e-mail, asking if Audrey's adoption had been finalized - then I remembered this blog. Congrats to you and Greg on bringing home your daughter! It's great to see these pictures and read the engaging narratives. Zoe and I would love to meet Timmy and Audrey. I'll contact you soon to see if a late spring or early summer visit is still good for your family. Chris

    ReplyDelete