Monday, December 6, 2010

Here in Nanning

 We are in Nanning after spending one night in Beijing.  Unfortunately we didn't see much as I fell asleep at 6:30 pm and slept until 7 am the next morning.  This is due to a muscle relaxant I took, so I've adjusted quite well to the time change but not sure I'll try that strategy ever again.  Really, I'm still tired and I've slept crazy hours.  I'm doing my best to be well rested while I can.  Also - I'm not eating a lot of the hotel food - irrationally - since I got so sick last time I'm determined to avoid it this time.  On the other hand, I look like a jerk that doesn't want to experience China when in China.  I'm suspicious of everything and I still feel a bit queasy.  But I don't want to spend two days in the bathroom like two years ago.

We meet our little girl today at 3:00 pm!  I'm so excited to meet her but sad for her trauma and shock.  Our guide, David, gave some good suggestions are we are going to try and stay outside where it's interesting and less confined.  Other families have children close to Audrey's age so we hope to have them play together, we'll take it as it comes.  We are willing to be silly as it takes to try and distract her.  But we know she will be grieving all that she has lost.

We are having trouble as our blog is blocked as well as facebook.  I'm asking my sister to post, so hopefully one of them will be able to.  Hope to have some pics to send soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment